This hot, buttery, ooey-gooey, caramel-apple skillet cookie is EXACTLY what I want on a chilly, fall night. It’s so easy to throw together, there’s no cookie-scooping required, and you don’t need a bowl! 🙂
Taste: Sweet, buttery, and full of caramel. A skillet full of all your favorite, sweet fall flavors!
Texture: Hot gooey cookie with crisp apples throughout topped with a sweet, silky caramel.
Level: Very simple!
Pros: Easy to make, no scooping required, two-dish dessert, and it’s delicious!
Cons: Can be a lot (of sweet) to eat for less than 4 people but zero judgement for anyone who can tackle this!!
IF YOU LIKE THIS CARAMEL APPLE SKILLET COOKIE, TRY:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- sea salt
- caramel sauce
click here to purchase the equipment listed below
- 9″ skillet
- mixing bowl
How do I store this skillet cookie?
I recommend this being eaten after making. While I understand there may be leftovers, they don’t keep or reheat well.
What drink or side should I enjoy with this?
A big glass of milk!
Can this recipe be gluten-free/vegan or can any of the ingredients be substituted for other dietary restrictions?
Unfortunately, it is not my specialty. However, there are many bloggers who specialize in gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, dairy-free, etc. desserts and I recommend giving them a try!
Caramel Apple Skillet Cookie
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored, and cut into cubes
- ½ cup caramel sauce divided
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 10 inch cast-iron pan with butter.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the ½ cup butter. Pour melted butter into a medium mixing bowl with both sugars. Mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to mix all ingredients evenly.
- Fold in 90% of the cubed apples with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Place all the dough into the cast-iron pan and press lightly until even. Top with a ¼ cup of caramel sauce and gently swirl it around creating a thick “marble” look.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown and little-to-no jiggling. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes. Top with remaining 10% cubed apples, vanilla ice cream, and remaining caramel sauce