These cheeseburger egg rolls are crispy on the outside and cheesy on the inside. They are full of flavor and you will probably crave them ALL the time! Right before quarantine, my fiancé and I went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and we ordered the Cheeseburger Egg Rolls. We both thought they sounded interesting, so we were really excited to try them. They were SO greasy. The idea was great, but the execution was poor. Of course, I decided to try and make them myself but without deep frying them. Let me just tell you, they turned out amazing! I used my Ninja Foodi with the Cook & Crisp Basket on the air crisp setting. I didn’t feel too guilty while eating them… which is what makes them dangerous, so beware!
how are these cheeseburger egg rolls cooked?
They can be cooked in multiple ways! I prefer air frying them but if you’re not on board with the whole air fryer craze, they can also be cooked in the oven or deep fried!
can these be made ahead and frozen?
Yes! Freeze them before cooking. Once the edges are sealed, place them in a ziploc bag and freeze. Once you’re ready to make them, follow the instructions as usual but cook them a little longer.
can I use something besides ground beef?
yes! ground turkey and chicken taste great in this recipe!
- spray avocado or olive oil
- ground beef
- egg rolls
- cayenne pepper
- onion powder
- shredded cheddar
- air fryer
- mixing bowls
*link to my amazon storefront to purchase equipment*
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Spray avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground chicken or ground turkey
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 6 oz Velveeta cubed
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Set a nonstick pan on medium heat. Brown ground beef and drain. Put beef back in the pan and add spices.
- Cube the Velveeta and add to beef. When the cheese starts to melt, then add milk.
- Put the beef mix in a bowl and prepare to fill egg roll wrappers. In a separate bowl, mix egg and milk to create wash to seal the egg rolls.
- Start out by placing the egg roll diagonally and add about 2 tablespoons of the beef mix to the bottom corner of the wrapper. Fold the corner over the mixture, then fold in the sides, dip finger tips in water and place on the folded sides so that they don’t come apart. Then continue to roll it closed, add more water with your finger to the last corner to help seal it.
- In a small bowl mix together egg and milk. Brush the outside of the egg roll with the egg wash. Place them in air fryer basket and spray them with the avocado oil spray or olive oil spray and air fry them for about 6 minutes before flipping them. Once flipped, cook for about 2 minutes and then flip back over for the remaining 3 minutes or until golden and crispy. If frying, place in a fryer with heat the at medium-low or 350 F. Rotate until the whole egg roll is golden brown and crispy. Once finished, place on a paper towel to absorb excess greaseIf baking, preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with non-stick foil. Spray the rolls with oil and bake for 6-8 minutes on one side, flip and then bake for another 3 minutes, and flip again and bake for 2 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together ketchup, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, cayenne, paprika, and sugar.