Creamy, cheesy, Cheeseburger Potato Soup is perfect for chilly nights or when you just want a big bowl of comfort. This was a fluke thing when we really wanted potato soup but needed to incorporate a meat for protein. It has all the flavors you look for in a cheeseburger inside a bowl of soup. check out some of my other dinner recipes here!
THE CHEESEBURGER POTATO SOUP EXPLAINED:
Creamy and chunky potato soup with melted velveeta, spices, and ground beef. Topped with bacon, cheese, green onions, and sour cream.
what are some ideas for toppings?
- sesame seed bun croutons- cube sesame seed bun toss pieces in melted butter and bake until toasted.
- sour cream
how should this soup be stored?
in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days, you may need to add milk to thin it out. heat it up on the stove or in the microwave in a glass bowl. i would not recommend freezing this soup because it will basically turn into broken up/watery mashed potatoes.
- ground beef
- evaporated milk
- heavy cream
- dill weed
- onion/onion powder
- garlic/garlic powder
*link to my amazon storefront to purchase equipment*
- dutch oven or a 5ish qt pot
Cheeseburger Potato Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 small/medium potatoes
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz velveeta
- ¼ tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion or onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Brown ground beef and pour onto plate with paper towel to absorb grease while preparing the potato soup.
- Peel and cut potatoes into thirds. Place potatoes into medium/large pot filled about ⅓ of the way with water and 1 tbsp salt and boil on medium heat until soft, but still firm to the touch... with a fork. Drain water and place pot of potatoes back on the stove with the heat still set at medium.
- Add evaporated milk, dill weed, salt, pepper, chopped onion/onion powder, and garlic powder, let simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Add velveeta, milk, and heavy cream. Stir periodically until cheese is melted and to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Stir in the ground beef, remove from heat and serve! Read above for some topping ideas!
Looks awesome! Can’t wait to try it!