This time of year, around the holidays is when everyone is in the kitchen baking and making holiday meals and such. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE being in the kitchen and making things from scratch… however, having a recipe that doesn’t require a ton of work is always nice! These Mini Brown Butter Pumpkin Bundt Cakes are made from a *boxed cake mix* so it’s super convenient!
Taste: Rich, buttery, pumpkin-spicey cakes perfectly paired with a tangy cream cheese frosting.
Texture: Warm, moist, crumbly cakes topped with cool silky cream cheese
Pros: Delicious, easy to make, and perfect for fall!
IF YOU LIKE THESE MINI PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKES, TRY:
- yellow cake mix
- brown sugar
- pumpkin puree
- pumpkin spice
- ground cinnamon
click here to purchase the equipment listed below
- mini bundt cake pans
- mixing bowls
How do I store these cakes?
They are best kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can this recipe be gluten-free/vegan or can any of the ingredients be substituted for other dietary restrictions?
Unfortunately, it is not my specialty. However, there are many bloggers who specialize in gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, dairy-free, etc. desserts and I recommend giving them a try!
Mini Brown Butter Pumpkin Bundt Cakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter browned
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 15 oz pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and generously grease the 4 mini bundt pans and set them aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and let it simmer until the milk solids start to brown at the bottom. It will start to foam and it will be a medium honey color. Transfer the browned butter to a large mixing bowl.
- In the large mixing bowl, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon mix together the browned butter, cake mix, brown sugar, water, pumpkin puree, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until all combined.
- Pour the batter evenly among the mini bundt pans, about ⅓ cup of the batter in each pan. You will have batter leftover, but you will use it in the next batch that goes in the oven.
- Bake the mini bundt cakes for _ minutes or until _. Let cool before inverting and removing the cake. Repeat process until the batter is gone and all cakes are made.
- While waiting on all the cakes to cool, make the frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar until silky.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag with a round tip. Starting from the bottom of the cake, pipe lines and put a little extra in the center of the cake.