I first made this dip for my husband for football Sunday. It was a hit so I also decided to make it for a small New Years’ Eve gathering and it was gone in -I kid you not- 3 minutes. This spicy buffalo chicken dip only takes 30-45 minutes and you can make it in an Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker, or on the stove!
THE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP EXPLAINED:
A creamy, cheesy, buffalo-flavored base with the perfect amount of shredded chicken. The recipe itself is not too terribly spicy but can be easily adjusted by you if you’d like more of a kick! Keep reading to find out the measurements for a spicier dip!
how can i make this dip spicier?
add 1 (for spicy) to 1 1/2 (for realll spicy) teaspoons of cayenne pepper instead of a 1/2 teaspoon.
AN EASIER WAY:
Rotisserie chicken can be used instead of regular chicken breast/chicken tenders. Make the sauce: melt together the cream cheese, franks red hot buffalo ranch, heavy cream, shredded cheese, and spices in an instant pot/ninja foodi pressure cooker/6qt-8qt pot. Tear rotisserie chicken off the bones and shred. Add to the sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP:
prep the chicken:
make the dip! :
- cream cheese
- franks red hot buffalo & ranch
- heavy cream
- cayenne pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
click here to purchase the equipment listed below
- ninja foodi pressure cooker/instant pot/6qt-8qt pot
One-Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 lb chicken tenders or breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 oz franks red hot thick sauce buffalo & ranch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Using fresh or frozen chicken, place it in the instant pot or ninja foodi pressure cooker bowl or a pot with water that goes about one inch higher than the chicken. Then bring the water to a boil on medium-low heat until chicken is cooked completely. It will take about 15 minutes if fresh and 25-35 minutes if frozen. Drain the water and place the chicken onto a plate then shred chicken with fork or tongs, place back in the bowl.
- On low-medium heat, pour in the heavy cream and spices and let simmer. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and buffalo ranch sauce.
- Stir occasionally until the cheese melts. Serve immediately or can be refrigerated until needed- up to 3 days.
If you loved this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip make sure to check out my Spicy Cheesy Chicken Dip and my Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
I created this for game-day and was in LOVE! It was the perfect appetizer and will now make it every game day!