I love skillet cookies because they’re messy, gooey, and you can put anything in them! Since summer is almost here, so is s’mores season- as if it’s not a treat that’s enjoyed all year round. The S’mores Cookie Skillet is all of the summer feels stuffed inside of a cookie. We had my mom over for dinner this past weekend and I mentioned I wanted to make a s’mores cookie skillet for the blog and so I was describing what I had in mind and she said “well what are you waiting for? I want some of that!” 30 minutes later (even after taking pictures) we were digging into this dream of a dish!
THE COOKIE SKILLET EXPLAINED:
A chocolate chip-less dough with graham cracker pieces folded within, topped with a salted caramel chocolate bar and marshmallows. Baked until the cookie is golden and gooey and the marshmallows are toasted to perfection.
Is there a way to make this easier/quicker?
yes! keep reading on until you see “an easier way.” it’s all explained there!
what size cast iron pan should I use?
In this recipe, I used a 9 inch but anything smaller can be used as well. If you want to use a 10 inch or bigger, I suggest doubling the recipe.. The smaller the pan, the thicker the cookie
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- salted caramel chocolate bar (I used Ghiradelli, the squares work fine too!)
- regular-size marshmallows
- graham crackers
- cast iron pan
- mixing bowl
AN EASIER WAY:
grab a roll of chocolate chip cookie dough at your local grocery store and use it instead of making the cookie dough. press the pre-made cookie dough into the cast iron pan and press the graham cracker pieces into the dough so that they don’t sit directly on top. Top with marshmallows and chocolate bar pieces and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and the marshmallows are toasted. If the the marshmallows are toasted but the cookie is still jiggly underneath, it will still be cooking after it has been taken out of the oven so it should stiffen up after 10-15 minutes of cooling time.
S'mores Skillet Cookie
- 1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 graham crackers in pieces
- 1 Sea salt caramel chocolate bar or squares, I used Ghiradelli
- 9 regular sized marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 10 inch cast-iron pan with butter.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand held mixer, with the paddle attachment cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla, mix on low for about a minute. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Mix until well combined. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to mix all ingredients evenly.
- Fold in graham cracker pieces with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Place all the dough into the cast-iron pan and press lightly until even. Top with broken up pieces of the chocolate bar (it’s gonna be messy with caramel!) and marshmallows.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown and marshmallows are toasted. Let cool for about 10 minutes.