I originally had a Spinach Artichoke Dip on the blog but I recently went to a restaurant with some friends and had a dip similar to this Spinach Bacon Cheese Dip and fell in LOVE. So, I knew I had to try to make it!
THE SPINACH BACON DIP EXPLAINED:
A cream cheese-based dip filled with garlic, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, bacon, and spinach. Baked until golden and bubbly on top and cheesy and melty in the center.
HOW TO MAKE THIS DIP:
- full-fat cream cheese
- sour cream
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- garlic cloves
- spinach, chopped & frozen, but thawed
- bacon strips
click here to purchase the equipment listed below
- 1.5qt-2qt baking dish(es)
- mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- handheld electric mixer
can this dip be stored?
I don’t recommend keeping leftovers and reheating. It is much better fresh!
what should I use as dippers for this dip?
Can this recipe be gluten-free/vegan or can any of the ingredients be substituted for other dietary restrictions?
Unfortunately, it is not my specialty. However, there are many bloggers who specialize in gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, dairy-free, etc. desserts and I recommend giving them a try!
Spinach Bacon Cheese Dip
- 12 oz cream cheese full fat, softened
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan fresh, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz spinach chopped, frozen but thaw it out to use
- 4 bacon strips cooked and chopped up
- Leave frozen spinach out to thaw at room temperature. Drain the excess water and blot the excess moisture with paper towels. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Get out a 1.5-2 qt baking dish, or multiple smaller oven-safe dishes and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, mix together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until homogeneous.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the thawed spinach, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, shredded parmesan, 90% of the bacon pieces, and minced garlic into the cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish(es) and top with the remaining bacon pieces and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 12 minutes at 350 F and then broil on low for 1-2 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Enjoy with fried wonton chips, tortilla chips, potato chips, baguette slices/crisps, or crackers!
If you loved this recipe for Spinach Bacon Cheese Dip make sure to check out my Loaded Mashed Potato Bites and my One-Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip