Waffle cones are a secret delight of mine. Whenever I would get ice cream it had to be inside of one. That gave me the idea of adding them into a super chewy cookie to create the ultimate creation. These Waffle Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies are super delicious and pair perfectly for any occasion. Don’t let me keep you here, the deliciousness is only a scroll away! If you like these, check out my other cookie recipes here!
THE COOKIES EXPLAINED:
A nutty, toffee cookie dough base made with toasted brown butter. When the cookie is baked, it has the most delicious, chewy texture with the gooey chocolate chunks. And when paired with the crunchy waffle cone pieces… THE BEST!
how should I store these cookies?
store them at room temperature in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
can these cookies be made ahead?
yes! you can scoop them and place them into a ziploc bag and freeze them for up to 4-5 days and then place on baking sheet and bake at 325 F for about 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. you can also refrigerate the dough for up to 24 hours and then scoop onto baking sheet and bake at 350 F.
AN EASIER WAY:
If you have some refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough on hand, just top them with some waffle cone pieces and bake according to the package directions!
HOW TO MAKE THESE WAFFLE CONE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
brown the butter:
so brown butter is essentially butter melted in a saucepan and then cooked on medium low until the milk solids start to become a golden brown color. in order to achieve this, melt the butter on medium-low heat and stir occasionally until it gets to be foamy and turns an amber/honey color. remove from heat and pour into a separate bowl and place in the refrigerator until partially solid but mostly liquid, about 30 minutes.
make the dough:
start off by mixing together the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, and salt. set this mixture aside, we’ll be adding it to the wet ingredients. once butter is partially solidified, add it into a stand mixer bowl or if using a hand mixer, add it to a regular mixing bowl. cream together butter and both the brown and granulated sugar until fluffy. beat in eggs and vanilla extract and mix for about 1 minute or until light in color and fluffy. pour the dry ingredients in and mix together until just combined
add in the mix-ins:
chop up half of a chocolate bar, crush up some waffle cone pieces, and grab some chocolate chips. fold most of them in and save some for later, we’re gonna need them!
form the cookies and bake:
once the dough is made and the mix-ins have been mixed in, scoop about 2 tablespoons or less of dough and place them 3-4 inches apart from each other on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. place some of the extra mix-ins that were saved, on top for the final touch. bake for 7-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. repeat this step until all dough is gone!
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- waffle cones
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate bar
- cookie scoops
- baking sheets
- mixing bowls
- stand mixer/hand mixer
Waffle Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter browned
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt see notes
- 1 cup waffle cone broken up into small pieces
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or
- ½ 1.41oz chocolate bar, chopped
- Brown butter in a small saucepan, stirring constantly over low-medium until it gets foamy and it starts to turn an amber/honey color. Remove from heat and pour into a separate bowl and place in the refrigerator until partially solid but mostly liquid, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease baking sheets with cooking spray, line with parchment paper, or line with crisping mats. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Once butter is partially solidified, in a stand mixer (see notes) cream together butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix for about 2 minutes until light in color and fluffy.
- Pour in flour, make sure to scrape the sides. Mix the flour until barely combined. Fold in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and waffle cone pieces.
- Take an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop about 2 tablespoons or less of dough and place on cookie sheet and top with extra chocolate to get the pools of gooey chocolate on top! Bake for about 7-10 minutes. They will look SLIGHTLY undercooked, let them cool on the sheet for about 3-5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.